Monday, September 20, 2010

Zoom Out

Lately I've been thinking a lot about how to keep a balanced life. I have so many interests and things that I want to do (and some of them are things I have to do) that sometimes I feel like I can only focus on One thing at a time.

For example: last winter I was so focused on working on my illustrations, that I completely abandoned the gym and the mountains, and I didn't work out at all. Then summer came and I focused on working out and outdoors activities, but I abandoned my illustrations almost completely. I've realized that it has also happend with other many things that I have to deal dayly, like cleaning the house, laundry, taking care of my hair, and hanging out with friends, oh... and cooking too!

I was talking to Dani about it and he said: "you just have to zoom out, you're focusing too much, zooming in too much"

I work mostly visually, so this metaphor is not so much a metaphor when I think about it. I do focus too much on things, I can tend to be quite intense. So I'm going to start exercising zooming out, trying to see the whole picture, and open space for all the things I want in my life.

Conclusion: Zoom out = Open space and time :)

Do you feel like this sometimes? ...

2 comments:

  1. :D! Hey beautiful...!
    I have news for you!
    We are on the same boat... it is called... "Getting balanced in life" jajaaj lol... ^.^
    it is a hard task at first... but I can see as everything else in life, it gets easier to handle with time:. :)
    I love you!:.
    <3:.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the time sis all the time =D buena recomendacion! lets zoom out!

    ReplyDelete